The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Program Assistant. (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities: The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Guinea Country Office. The main functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Applications: For the FULL job description, selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers . Click on the Explore Job Openings and then type req# 2783 into the “Keyword or ReqID” in the search field The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date for receipt of applications is May 18, 2019. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.