TERMS OF REFERENCE
Référence du poste : Conakry/021/2019
I. Position Information
National Project officer Preparing Law enforcement Institutions for Next Epidemics in Guinea (PrepLine)
|Position rated on||Health|
|Reports directly to ( Full Name of Supervisor and Position Title )||Public Health Coordinator|
|Estimated closing date||Mardi 4 Juin 2019|
|Estimated start date|
|Complete WBS (up to the 5th level)||MP.0343.GN10.10.02.002|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
IOM is funded by the Government of the United States of America, through the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement) in support of ” Preparing Law Enforcement Institutions for Next Epidemics in Guinea.
(PrepLine)” wich aims to Improve law enforcement and public health coordinated preparedness for and response to future epidemic in Guinea that could jeopardize global health security
The Expected outputs at the end of the project are:
· Output 1: The Law Enforcement Public Health Preparedness capacities is enhanced to ensure prompt and adequate participation in response action at national, regional and prefectural level
· Output 2: The multi-sectoral Coordination mechanism between Law enforcement, Health authorities and other key sectors is strengthened for mutual collaboration and synergy in public health emergencies
· Output 3: Law enforcement and other first line responders’ capacity to promote community engagement to support access to beneficiaries and reduce resistance is reinforced
· Output 4: Cell towers are used to ensure access to power for rapid response to health emergencies
Currently IOM Guinea is recognized as a main partner of the Ministry of Health and National Health Security Agency (ANSS in French) through International Health Regulation (IHR) improvement and law enforcement authorities, particularly the Ministry of Internal Security and Civil Protection (MoSCP) with the Border management capacity building programs.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1- Support the maintenance of effective partnership with the key stakeholders involving in the field of public Health Emergency management, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Security Sector reform in Guinea;
2- Contribute to the development of new projects by selecting and summarizing basic information, assessing the local context for the planning and administration of individual projects and drafting project proposals;
3- Participate in the elaboration of Prepline workplan and budget according to donors requirement and IOM’s procedure in collaboration with others units;
4- Coordinate the adequate and timely implementation of the Prepline plan of action;
5- Elaborate ToRs for workshops and consultant recruitment;
6- Coordinate planning, administrative and logistical support for the implementation of activities in collaboration with other members of the Program f Unit /Partnership and program support unit
7- Support the elaboration, the regular update, the dissemination and the correct follow-up of the normative documents for the implementation of the Prepline project;
8- Prepare and transmit monthly reports on the progress of activities, identify and document important project events, decisions, problems or challenges in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
9- Actively prepare and participate to monthly conference call with the donor;
10- Provide technical guidance to field teams through field visit and regular remotemanagement ;
11- Support coordination with national partners (Ministry of Security and Civil Protection, Ministry of Defence Ministry of Health, Ministry of Communication, Ministry of Religious affairs) and other international organizations involved in Emergency health management such as WHO, UNDP,UNICEF…
12- Regularly inform the CoM and the Public Health Coordinator and advise on project issues and national affairs that may have an impact on IOM’s work in public health
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Disaster Management, International relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
· University degree in the above field with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in project management, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures;
· Proven writing and communication skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with government authorities, international organizations and other project partners;
· Proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
· Public Health Emergency/Disaster management experience
· Experience in Civil-military coordination and Security sector reform programs will be an asset
(specify the required knowledge)
|Fluency in French is required and adequate working knowledge in English is an asset.|
VI. Competencies 
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Les dossiers de candidature devront comprendre :
- Lettre de motivation indiquant le titre et numéros du poste
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Les photocopies des Diplômes, certificats et attestations de travail
- Références des 03 derniers Superviseurs directes (Nom, courriel, nom du service et Contact téléphonique)
Toutes les candidatures seront envoyées en ligne au plus tard le Mardi 4 Juin 2019 à travers l’adresse suivante : HRrecruitmentunit@iom.int avec pour objet le titre du poste de National Project officer Preparing Law enforcement Institutions for Next Epidemics in Guinea (PrepLine) ( NOA).
Toutes candidatures déposées sous pli fermé à la réception du bureau ne seront en aucun cas être considérées.
 Competencies should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
 Indicate in this box if there is any differing provision of process because the position is in a specific program or to address emergency situations. For example, if donor approval is required: “The recruitment process for this vacancy will be subject to PRM review, as part of the USRAP process”.