Terms of Reference
Référence du poste : CONAKRY/OIM/025/2019
I. Position Information
|Appointment type||One-year Fixed Term|
|Reports directly to ( Full Name of Supervisor and Position Title )||1 st Medical Assistant Supervisor 2 nd Senior Nurse/CMHN or CMHN/CMHO or CMHO/CoM (size of team & Country Office will determine)|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
|Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) or Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) or Chief Migration Health Nurse (CMHN) or Senior Migration Health Nurse the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in CITY, COUNTRY|
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Medical Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit or the call centre. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks . Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
Call Centre overall duties:
1. Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone;
2. Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries;
1. Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required;
2. Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments and update the records; and,
3. Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
4. Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
Ø receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants;
Ø checking applicant’s identity;
Ø entering bio-data of the applicants in the appropriate platform;
Ø taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
Ø printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
5. Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable;
6. Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available;
7. Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
8. File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues;
9. Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
Ø University Degree with at least two years of relevant working experience; or,
Ø Secondary School Diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience.
Ø Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage.
Ø Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one;
Ø Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute;
Ø High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset;
Ø Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
Ø Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
(specify the required knowledge)
|Fluency in English & local language is required|
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Ø Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
Ø Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
Ø Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
Ø Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
Ø Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
Ø Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Ø Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
Ø Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
Ø Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
Ø Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Les dossiers de candidature devront comprendre :
- Lettre de motivation indiquant le titre et numéros du poste
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Copies des Diplômes, certificats et attestations de travail
- Références des 03 derniers Superviseurs directes (Nom, email, nom du service et Contact téléphonique)
Toutes les candidatures seront envoyées en ligne au plus tard le Mardi 02 Juillet 2019 à travers l’adresse suivante : HRrecruitmentunit@iom.int avec pour objet le titre du poste (Medical Assistant UG-3).
Les dossiers incomplets ne seront pas examinés et seuls les candidats sélectionnés seront contactés pour un entretien.