HOPELAND GUINEA SARLU is a Guinean subsidiary of a holding company based in Hong Kong. The company has been developing an ambitious business project focusing on creation of a local marketplace matching local Guinean producers and customers and currently increasing its team.
- Consulting services agreement with HOPELAND GUINEA
- Development and training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Young and energetic team
- Develop and maintain the internal payment services company audit strategy for the business
- Take an active role in liaising with the Bank of Guinea on behalf of the Company with regard to the electronic money license application, support the team in required procedures;
- Preparation of documents that might be requested by the Bank of Guinea related to the audit internal procedures, policies and etc.;
- Plan, coordinate and oversee risk-based audit procedures and take responsibility for the delivery of the audit results;
- Review, appraise and manage the soundness, adequacy, and effectiveness of compliance, financial, and operational controls;
- Provide the execution of the audit procedures and revisions according to the established strategy and plans in order to ensure the validity of data, reduce the risks and make recommendations to senior management;
- Lead and train the Internal Audit staff.
What You Bring
- 3 to 5 years of auditing experience; internal audit and/or payment company audit experience preferable;
- Professional accounting certification (CPA, CA) (CPA, CGA) (CPA, CMA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and/or relevant local qualifications proved by professional experience;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and standards, valid regulatory requirements and risk management frameworks;
- Proactive, self motivated, responsible and autonomic in work but a good team player with leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills both in English and French, proficiency in related terminology for reporting of audit revisions;
- Proficient MS office user;
POST OBJECTIVE: The Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining anti money laundering (AML) policies, systems, procedures and controls to ensure the Company’s compliance with respect to relevant laws and regulations.
The Compliance Officer is expected to liaise with the Central Bank on behalf of the Company submitting and preparing the requested documentation to ensure the grant of electronic money licence.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and ensure that the Company’s Policies and Procedures ensure compliance with applicable Laws Regulations, provide recommendations if needed
- Present information, answer questions and be a subject-matter Expert for the Central Bank on all Compliance-Related issues;
- Verify all customers Applications to ensure that they comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML); Counter-Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Regulations and Company’s Policies;
- Review all AML Forms and ensure AML guidelines are followed;
- Ensure all staff and Officers are trained;
- Assist Internal Auditor, provide necessary information and support;
- Performs confidential and operational inquiries, and where necessary escalate findings to the relevant authority;
- Continuously monitor the external legislative and regulatory environment to ensure the Company’s Compliance Programme is kept up-to-date;
- Makes recommendations for the enhancement and improvement of internal controls and system in order to minimize compliance risk;
- Receive suspicious reports from staff/officers, and if necessary, submits same to the regulatory authority;
- Perform all necessary acts and support compliance management aimed to the risks reduction;
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly reports to the Board of Directors or appointed committee, informing of activities of significant concerns, with recommendations being provided as needed;
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILLITIES:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of financial institutions
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of conducting compliance reviews and interviews;
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting laws, regulations, statutes, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals professionally in English.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with peers and team members
- Must be highly confidential
- Proficient computer user
- Certification in AML/CFT Compliance;
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of two years related experience in AML compliance, or auditing and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are looking for an Accountant to join HOPELAND team and to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets including preparation of required financial reports to be submitted to the Central Bank as the Company is expected to receive a payment services license.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable from customers
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Communicate with the banks on the Company’s behalf
- Auditing financial documents (in cooperation with Internal Auditor)
- Reconcile bank statements and customer transaction reports
- Provide accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flow while ensuring the compliance with all tax regulations
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the IFRS Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software;
- Advanced MS Excel skills ;
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus, local alternatives are also considered;
Financial Services Lawyer
About the Opportunity
You will have key responsibility in undertaking a full review and analysis of the current governance and compliance framework as well as review contracts, preparing and submitting filings with the Bank of Guinea.
- A strong financial regulation background is essential
- Experience developing compliance procedures, policy and training programmes
- Previous in-house experience and/or an individual coming directly from private practice.
- Ability to work well with the various business levels, including senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage projects and deliver change
- Play a key role in the regulatory team
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Locally qualified to practice as a solicitor/lawyer/attorney;
- 3-5 years of post-education experience;
- Good knowledge of payment services regulations;
- A track record of expertise in the in-house financial services sector (ideally payment services, retail banking experience can be considered);
- Ability to effectively manage commercial relationships with external suppliers (e.g. merchants and individuals);
- Good relationship management skills both internally and externally;
- The ability to think strategically and support client areas in their strategic planning process