POU Programme Officer (Ascend)
- Reports To: Manager Implementation (Integrated NTDs/WASH/SBCC)
- Directorate: Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
- Location: Haywards Heath, UK or West Africa Region
- Direct Line Reports: N/A
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme. It will make a significant contribution to the control and elimination of five NTDs – onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, trachoma, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths – in 13 countries of west and central Africa.
Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa, working with the
Liverpool School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSTM), Mott MacDonald, the Schistosomiasis Control Initiative Foundation (SCIF), and other partners including WaterAid, M&C Saatchi and Accenture.
Sightsavers is responsible for its overall delivery of Ascend in line with contractual agreements within the consortium structure. As an integrated programme, the minimum results expected from this contract are expected to be:
- Provision of 450 million NTD drug treatments.
- Provision of surgeries to prevent 100,000 cases of blindness due to trachoma.
- Reduction of morbidity and disability in 26,000 people with lymphatic filariasis.