Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers is growing rapidly and offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
Title: Programme Officer – Integrated NTDs/WASH/SBCC
Salary: Local T’s&C’s apply
Contract: 2-3 year Fixed Term Contract
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme, which will make a significant contribution to the control and elimination of the 5 PC NTDs across 13 countries. Sightsavers is the lead supplier and responsible for overall delivery in line with contractual agreements within a consortium structure.
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Programme Officer who will work with the Programme Optimisation unit to ensure the smooth delivery of the integrated MDA targets and WASH and Behavioural Change activities, according to the contractual milestones together with the designated country principal and delivery partners in 13 designated countries as part of the ASCEND programme.
About the role
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing direct programme support to country teams on the roll out of integrated MDA, including the use of all ASCEND management and programme implementation tools and protocols;
- Coordinate and oversee the “ WASH Sector Dialogue” aligned with the national structures and processes, to establish the criteria and process to target investment in water and sanitation services supply and demand to areas with high levels of NTD endemicity;
- Ensure WASH and SBCC approaches align with the WHO and NNN “ WASH and Health Working Together: a “how to guide for NTD programmes”
- Facilitate the delivery of capacity building support in close coordination with the Coordinator-Implementation (HSS) that enhances the effectiveness of integrated NTDs, WASH and SBCC to government and implementing partners.
- Align learning, documentation and reporting systems with designated countries to that adopted across the ASCEND programme;
As the ideal candidate for the role you will be degree educated (or similar) in public health or other development related field, such as WASH. You will have a background and knowledge of Behavioral Change and communication planning, water sanitation for public health programmes and working experience of African context.
Having knowledge of NTD’s and/or other health interventions is an advantage and an intermediate level of French speaking is desirable, but not essential.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, so if you are interested in the role and finding out more please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Closing date: 23 July 2019
Interview date: 01 July 2019
How to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from on our web site http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies/ and the equal opportunities form and return by email as two separate documents to email@example.com .
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.